Sunday, July 18, 2010

Alec Bradley MAXX Cigars


Got a new shipment of cigars in today, and within it, this little cigar. Little, is not really the right word to describe this tobacco stick, when in reality it's a BIG cigar, not only in size (5.0x58), but in flavor. A beautiful cigar to look at, with it's flawless maduro wrapper; the cigar was constructed with a cornucopia of tobaccos coming from Colombia, Honduras, Mexico and Nicaragua. Probably my first time having a cigar constructed of Colombian tobacco. But nevertheless, at first light, this cigar was powerful. I usually smoke medium to full-bodied cigars, but this was full-bodied, full-flavored, and had a lot of bite. The best way to describe Alec Bradley's MAXX is to compare it to premium coffee, because this cigar possessed a lot of coffee bean flavors. The first half of the cigar had notes of Mexican Chiapas, and the last half was bitter and dark like that of Indonesian Sulawesi, or Sumatra. I have to admit I was a little overpowered, and all-in-all cannot truly say I enjoyed the cigar. This cigar is definitely not for the faint of heart nor for beginners, and most of all not me. But, I'm sure there are plenty of other that will love this cigar for explosion of flavor and substance.

Rating: Alec Bradley MAXX= 89-90

No comments:

Post a Comment