Thursday, May 27, 2010

New House

This is a post for those friends that haven't been able to visit the house yet. I just purchased my home last January, and it has been a work in progress ever since. For example, today, I have been painting the office since I woke up and its only half way done. My living room, dining room, and foyer still haven't been painted. I have been brainstorming several ideas for decorating with the wife lately and wrote out a list of projects to be done over the next 2 years. We have had several parties over the last two months and there have been many people whom haven't made it out to see us even though they were invited. And they always tell me "I can't wait to see your house." well for those asses, here are some pics:



This is the living room as is. The corner book case will be removed soon, and the torchier lamp will go as well. The rug will be replaced by rug tiles that will cover most of the living room floor area. A barcelona chair by Mies van der Rohe will be placed near the windows. My favorite thing in the house is my Crate and Barrel couch that is 9 feet long and can fit 4 people comfortably. I highly recommend getting one.





In the dining room we have furniture from my wife's grandparents whom had great taste in mid century modern furniture. The chairs are Norman Cherner chairs that were designed back in 1958. To the side is the wine rack; this is where I get my drink on, we also have a full bar to the right (for my guests but not pictured).



Picture of the hallway in front of our roommates bedroom.



The backyard. For those of ya'll that have a house and take pride in your yard, I commend you! I love my yard and treat it like my baby, but lately my yard has been a total ass of a child. Thistle weeds have popped up everywhere and its pissing me off. But ne ways, I sprayed them all and now my grass is dying, even though I used a product that wasn't supposed to kill my yard. Ne ways, again, I digress.



This is a pic of the master of the household.

1 comment:

  1. I like the house...can't wait to check it out this summer. The couch is quality.

    ReplyDelete